Monday, June 18, 2012

Introductions ...

Hi ... I'm Laura! 



I decided to create this blog after having a difficult time finding detailed information on being a kidney donor. There were lots of websites and blogs, but they seemed to skip the part in the middle … they went straight from going into the hospital to being fully recovered. Because I had never had surgery, and I’m the kind of person who thrives on information, this made me nervous because I wasn’t sure what to expect. It was like there was this giant gap. The big unknown!! Then I came across Jackie’s blog and it was like I had finally found what I was looking for. The real stuff.  The kind of information that didn’t hide anything, or sugar-coat the process of donation. Just the straight goods.

I decided that after my surgery I would do the same. I would put as much information as I could out there, so anyone who had also made the decision to donate could learn from my experience as well.